Sunday 12 February 2012

What say you? Conversations my kids and I have on a daily basis....


I: Ummi, please close your mouth whilst eating. And don't talk with your mouth full. U: Okay. Thanks for reminding me. I forget sometimes. I: Yes, we do. It's our job to remind each other about these things. Did he just turn 5 or 50?

Interesting the way Irshad put it whilst helping me bring in the laundry this afternoon, "Yes, we had a lot of things to do today at school, we were quite busy. So what about you? What did you do, other than driving around?" 


M: Ummi, you must get Adik away from here! Ummi: Why? She's biffing my Thomas, Annie and Clarable. Ummi: Okay, I will. (Oops, too much Thomas! Well, at least he asked nicely instead of "biffing" her physically himself!)


Ummi: Are you full? I: I'm done eating, but I'm not full. U: Eat more then. I: Why must I eat until I'm full? Even the prophet said we shouldn't eat until we're too full. U: So how must we eat? I: We must eat only until we don't feel hungry anymore. Then we must leave space in our tummy for water and air....


 I: Ummi, what's your job? U:My job is taking care of Ayah and all of you for now. I: O. Do you get paid? U: Well, my reward is special, it comes from Allah. I: Is it a lot of ringgit? U: My reward is so much that Allah has to keep in a special place for me to get later. I: Wow, you must be rich! U: Yes, you are making me richer everyday! I: How? U:When you learn and do things that pleases Allah, it pleases me a lot! I: Okay Ummi, InshaAllah. I'll always solat and do good things because I know it pleases Allah. (Alhamdulillah!)

No comments:

Post a Comment