Thursday 1 March 2012

The3Rs

I've been procrastinating. It's been a while since my last update, not because I haven't anything to update about, mostly because I've been very lopsided in my time-management.

I owe it to myself to start off on things I do to recycle, and here are some of the things that we (myself and kids) try to do. It's a fun activity but needs some guidance and supervision. It's a great way of putting creativity and recycling together. 



Home-made denim pencil case

One of my daughters is our designated designer. She comes-up with wonderful designs, sketches them and helps to create different styles for different items. One talented gal!


Hand-made rosette brooches

My other daughter is wonderful at sourcing for materials and putting together the designs. She actually has very deft fingers and is quite good at hand-stitching. The products seen are mostly done by my girls and we complement each other by putting together finishing touches (embellishment and for quality control aspects). 

I have more projects to do and more ideas to execute, however, time is always a constraint. But in a lot of ways I am extremely lucky, I have children who are very talented to begin with and are willing helpers! And I'm not the one who does the photo-taking either....


We can basically make use of most materials that come our way. We have quite a stash right now and lots of ideas. We are now waiting for the opportunity to put our ideas together to create more "stuff"!

Stay tuned!!! Reduce, Reuse, Recycle!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment